View Single Post
      10-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

We got our first off-tool unit yesterday. It's already spoken for as part of a system, but here are some pics before it gets shipped to Australia

I'm not a great photographer, and these were snapped with my iPhone - they really don't do justice to how this thing disappears in the trunk and looks as if it came from the factory. We have some pics taken with a better camera on a tripod and I will post those when I have them.

The bottom fits into the depression in the trunk floor in the corner. The wire with the Molex disconnect goes through an existing opening in the trunk liner. The mounting bracket aligns with a stock trim fastener. No cutting, no mods, no screws into anything.

We are not just cramming a woofer that fits into the enclosure and calling it a day - we are using a woofer that really matches to this enclosure volume well, and extends the low end as much as we can get (after all, with 8" under the floor, we don't need more midbass, we need subbass). If you haven't heard a corner-loaded enclosure in a BMW, you'll really be impressed.

It also stops well short of the trunk-floor seam. The trunk floor can be removed without any problems, and the enclosure doesn't encroach into the trunk opening.

We are going to be able to offer this at our target price of $495 loaded with the ID10.

For cars with Logic 7 or harman/kardon, we have a plug-and-play 250W fan-cooled amp/sub package with everything you need for $895 (includes modified and extended Technic harness, power harness, amplifier that fits under trim panels, and the Musicar E82 subwoofer module with an ID10. It is now also available as an option to our Level One and Two upgrades, as well as allowing us to now offer a predefined Level Three system the E82.

Please contact us via email with any questions or with orders, thanks!

(Note - we really don't recommend adding subs to base Stereo systems, nor to HiFi systems - if you have one of those, sub-bass is not the biggest shortcoming your system has, and we think you'll be happier doing a system upgrade rather than a sub-add package).
Appreciate 0