Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsepowerFreak
I see your points and agree that if a person wants more power and has the money prior to buying their BMW that in the future they can purchase a BMW with more power than they can today. And at that time we will also provide upgrade options for them.

One thing to consider that we've found with many other vehicles. Customers buy normally aspirated vehicles only to decide later that they would like more power. I drive both my 330i and 530i along with over 100,000 other people in the US and I find it lacking in power. In the next 2 years, that number will triple. Considering that we sell hundreds of turbo kits each year to vehicles with far less circulation I do think this will be a good seller for us. For many people who have the cars already and want more power but want it all BMW Engineered, they can wait and exchange their BMW later for a newer model. For those that love their cars and just want more power, this will be an option for them.

Chris.
He is right tho. If you just take a look back a few years at the begining of the E46 hype. 323's 328's similar pricing, and all of a sudden BAM!! 330's come out with more power. People who already had their 323's and 328's started modding. So companys were selling plenty of SC kits for them. Well maybe not at 10K, but If i remember correctly back when the SC's first came out. And for reliablity you spent Close to or over 7K. And that was when the pricing of the cars where a little Closer. 28K for a 323 BASE and like 32K something for a 328. When the first 330i came out I think the dealer quoted us something like 33K Base price.