09-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #33
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieRacer View Post
sparoz, just a thought, but if you felt as though you needed that much op lock to correct, without DTC it was likely you were about to loop it....
The fact is I didn't even have a chance to dial much in - it was:

- Throttle to induce oversteer
- Start to feel tail coming out - throttle off, start dialing the steering
- DTC light flashing after I just starting to dial in steering
- Car gone back into traction almost straight away and I just went where I was pointing..

The moral of the story is - not doing it again until I learn how to use DTC. Just don't have enough experience with the car in the conditions plus I just don't have enough experience.

The reason why I posted to start off with is that many people think DTC is the fun mode (may be in the dry or in a start line), but it is extremely dangerous when you have no idea how the system would behave. I guess I didn't think I would be in troble with DSC off and DTC on, but I could have been if I choose to be silly in the wrong traffic condition. Just a warning to everyone who thinks DTC mode = fun mode.

May be someone who has more experience with DTC mode can shed some light on how to make it fun. May be just holding the line and it'll do all the trick and let you slide a little bit but still hold the line - but then again.. that's just not fun either - it just burns more rubber.
Appreciate 0