View Single Post
      06-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #77
oasis3582
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You guys do realize when you record at the widest angle or without zoom the object may appear further than actually is. So the Mazda speed 3 may as well been tailing the BMW closely. I don't encourage road rage and things could have escalated quite badly. But it's quite possible the MS3 guy was putting the heat on because he was upset by being cut off earlier. The BMW driver also did not handle the situation well to say the least.

The first time I did a drive video I was surprised how far the car appear on tape. A simple test is to take a sample picture in front of you inside the car using an iphone then go out and take a picture of the actual distance from the side. You will be surprised how far an object may appear from inside the car.
Uh, so the wide angle lens makes the MS3 look farther, but not the Bimmer? Ooookayyy.
Previous: VW GTI, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mazda MX-5 RF, Ford Mustang GT (x2), Mazda 3, BMW Z4 sDrive35i, Acura TSX, BMW 135i, Acura TSX, Honda Accord Coupe V6, Acura RDX, Pontiac GTO 6.0, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Appreciate 0