View Single Post
      07-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

2010 135 with over 2 1/2 years without any mechanical issues what so ever and thats with the PPKI installed. Its been the most trouble free new car I ever purchased.

Most of the turbo issues are on cars with after market tunes and many of the other warranty voiding parts. There might have been some early released 08 cars that had issues but that has been worked out since then. If owners want to roll the dice by upping rwhp to 400+ they should accept the fact that parts will break. And those who are quick to show threads should also realize that many of these cars are pushing limits much more than BMW built it for. Even still, turbo failures are quite rare.

Everyone knows that forums are a place for owners to air their grievances. We hear complaints here but in the grand scheme of things, they arent a common occurance contrary to what some might say. Just the few who need to vent.

As far as the direct injection, I know most of us 135 drivers can live with the fact that it will likely require bead blasting the intake every couple years and easily accept that to get the quick throttle response, increase in TQ and better mileage. Factor in the cost of fuel savings over a couple years the price for the work goes down considerably. Besides, Im not worried about forking over a couple Franklins down the road. Its not gonna break my bank. Cost of doing business and owing a car with such a spectacular, award winning engine. I'll leave it to others to pinch pennies.

The vast majority of us dont have turbo failures or pump issues and have quite dependable, quite fast, performance coupes.
Appreciate 0