11-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Well, it is painfully obvious that you do not understand the difference between drone and exhaust noise. When the sound frequencies of the exhaust and engine match, a drone will occur. I understand BMW M was pressed for time in putting the 1M together and they probably didn't have time to fully R&D the exhaust. I have spent time in various exotic cars that spend tons of money trying to get the perfect sound/performance with their exhausts. Drone is not a characteristic that is desirable. The first aftermarket company to develop an exhaust that tunes out the drone that is found on the OE system will sell a ton of units, just saying...

Oh brother, give me a break! I don't think you have to pretend you enjoy a booming drone to prove your "hardcore".
The defensive nature of your response puzzled me so I re-read the thread and noticed that I ended my post with "just saying" right after you had just ended yours with the same "just saying" so I can see why you would look at my post as an attack on your post but I assure you that it was a complete coincidence and was in no way a "dig" at you.

I don't find the exhaust note "drony" at all...others might. Let's agree to disagree

Oh...and yes....love that Eisenmann
Appreciate 0