View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

I have it, though it is the 130i version which has a flap in it just like the stock one.

I also removed the resonator and it is a bit louder but when giving it full throttle OMG it sounds awesome!!! It could drone ever so slightly at 2000 rpm but it is not bothersome in any way, at least not to me.

The feel is just the same, not better not worst, just the same but with more voice, same response low down and same top end which I find very vivid in the 130i. The only change to be noticed is the sound, not the performance. I removed the resonator since I had the stock muffler so I cannot comment on how the PE sounds with it in my car. I have a video in my FB but only friends can see it, feel free to add me (mau.pineda@live.com) if you want to listen, it simply is wonderful and would recommend on taking the resonator off, I am very picky and yes, it is in the limit for driving around town but don't care as I really enjoy the way it sounds when giving it some revs even if you don't deep the gas pedal. It reminds me the sound of race Porsche, it is that good.

Last edited by maupineda; 12-04-2012 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0