01-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #203
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Would a bluetooth OBD key be suitable as an alternative? I use one to connect my car to my Torque app rather than snake a cable around. Most modern laptops will have an inbuilt BT transceiver.
Matty some people have tried / accomplished this in the past. If you do a search you might find some other information. Not sure if it works or not.

There are also DIY's for feeding the USB cable through the air vent in the ECU box to the glove box. As there is heaps of space in the ECU box you can leave the adapter connected 100% of the time without issue.

As I'm lazy what I have done is just snake the USB port from the procede harness out of the ECU lid so it sits outside of the ECU box while still allowing the lid to seal. I then just plug in the adapter when needed and run the cable through the passenger side door. Has worked fine that way for the past 3.5 years so figure no point in routing it any other way.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0