View Single Post
      08-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #161
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

BMW86,

Your setup is the same as 90% of the setups out there. It is safe.. no problems there. The diffference with the new systems is in the way the meth flow is controlled... not in the safety. The new systems allow the flow of meth to be more accurately controlled and tuned to the engine requirements. The system you run will run the same meth at 3000RPM at full boost as at 6000RPM even though the engine is consuming almost double the air at 6000 then at 3000. This is not an issue with smaller jets which are not flowing that much meth anyway. It becomes an issue with bigger jets/larger turbos etc. when you have to set the meth flow up to max for high RPM, but you end up getting too much flow at low RPM which can cause drivability issues due to meth bog/quench. My experience is that this is much more of an issue on a manual transmission as the throttle closes for the gear change, but the meth keeps flowing and pools up behind the throttle and then dumps in when the throttle opens.

I am sure your setup will be perfectly fine for your application once you can sort out the flow issues you are having.
Appreciate 0