12-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #25
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Just ignore the unproductive useless comments. People who say there is no drone in this car probably think the world is flat and there is no such thing as gravity. I have no issues with some saying it doesn't bother them or they like it but to say it doesn't exist, is just a classic case of 'ignorance is bliss.'

The drone is measurable. I am currently attempting to nail down the exact frequency at ~2300RPM in 6th. I'm trying to get a good recording to capture and analyze. I was planning on doing a thread for those looking for a solution to the drone. There is an equation that you can use to calculate the length of tubing(closed end Helmholtz chamber) to weld inline prior to the exhaust that will not affect airflow(air will not pass through) but will absorb the drone causing frequency. (on my phone currently and don't have the equation handy) The diameter will be the exact same as the existing OEM piping. The exhaust will sound pretty much exactly the same across the entire frequency spectrum except for the specific drone frequency.

Do your thang, Spock!
Attached Images

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0