View Single Post
      09-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
Texan Engineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i + ///M Sport Pkg

Sorry to the thread resurrection, but I thought I'd add my thoughts to the thread for future buyers.

------------------------------------------------------

Classic definitely is a large dealer, and they've got a showroom & lot to go with it (which is a good thing - I suspect their monthly allocation is quite large and good for special order people)). BUT being located in Plano, they (generally speaking) definitely feel like they have this snobbish, richer-than-thou attitude - I would know, I grew up in Plano, and my family has been dealing with them on/off since 1997 back when they were in Richardson.

I went in in March 2013 shopping for my 128i, dealt with Aaron (don't remember his last name). Pretty quickly he had this condescending attitude along the lines of "poor you, you want a new car but you can barely afford a 128i - you're too young to be good enough to drive a BMW, etc." which was evident in the way he phrased things, assumptions he made about what I did or did not want to do regarding a potential buy. Granted, yes I'm 22 and fresh out of school so I'm obviously not in the market for a 120k+ 7er but I do expect at least polite respect as a paying customer - even if I'm buying the cheapest car you sell. It's just fundamental business practice (and no, I'm not a business major either) - but don't run off your future customers. I didn't order from them this time around, and I really don't want to for my next car. Not looking forward to servicing with them either, but I'm not sure how good of a choice the others are in the area.

I don't expect to squeeze every penny out of someone in my business dealings and I view myself as a fair person, but at the same time I don't take well to being ripped off, or even overcharged for the sake of it.

That said, both my instinct and previous experience with them has been that if you pay what they say (usually sticker), then you get great service. This seems in line with the clientele that exists in the Plano/Frisco area, who may (not all, mind you) be willing to part with more money in order for the intangible "better service."

Conclusion: Classic is good if you pay up. Otherwise, you might want to shop elsewhere. I did - I called Greg Poland at Pacific BMW (Glendale, CA) and got my car at xxx over invoice. Factor in shipping costs (I opted to ship instead of drive), and you're STILL at a better price than what Classic offered me. And that was with little/no hassle and none of the condescending arrogance.

Just because we drive BMW's doesn't mean we're willing to overpay for stuff. Sorry for the slight rant-ish, but I figured sharing my experience would be a good counterpoint.
Appreciate 0