View Single Post
      08-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
I had the majority of the problems you list on my E36 (along with a few you did not list). And it only had 60k miles when I sold it!

The E82/E88 has its own set of problems and most cars are still have les than 30k miles on them. The HPFP are constant issue. They even extended the warranty on those to 10y/100k. The tail light gaskets on early models are causing the tail lights to fail. A couple of people have reported deformed shock towers. Various squeaks and rattles. The first gen Comfort Access has had bugs for a few people. Some radios have died or had static issues. Rear shock mounts have not been a issue but they look just a bad as the E36/E46. Just wait until these cars accumulate a few more miles so we can really see how they will hold up.
Ouch..but havent the hpfp issues been alleviated with the intro of the N55? Arent the tail light gaskets no longer an issue also? But hearing Anything remotely related to shock tower failure, an integral structural part no doubt, doesnt thrill! I still have my M3.. Latest thing dying is the AC compressor; it still works but there is a bearing in the compressor clutch which, when I first heard it, I thought my valves were in trouble; that unmistakable marbles_in_a_can sound... Someone told me to spray a stream of WD-40 into the bearing area next to the belt, and lo and behold, it shuts it up.. for a few wks... then it always comes back. Car has 81k mi on it; I want to sell it before more things start happening, although I feel like Ive replaced most parts already!

Now Im trying to make a decision for either a GTI or a 135i.. Price difference, similarly equipped, is about $7k. I really wanted a 135i, but the GTI has a whole history of reliability, magazine awards, etc, etc, plus owners seem to absolutely love them for fun, utility, practicality, etc, etc. But I crave the power the 135i offers, and Ive kind of learned to love its quirky looks. Every day Im reversing my decision... This is a tough one!!

>>If you use your easter egg and get in the hidden menu you can view it live while your driving.
During HOT days or when i was towing i would always go in that menu and watch it.<<

easter egg = remote device? What's the menu entry procedure?

Last edited by boostm3; 08-04-2010 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0