View Single Post
      10-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

How long do you think you'd keep the car? Do you keep them a couple years or 5-6 years? How many miles do you drive per year? What's your typical commute if this is a daily driver?

Reason is with 18k miles you have a lot of miles before typical parts might fail. If you can get the service history that would help. That's low miles for an '09 so the car wasn't driven much so it's been in the garage a lot.

Most likely (if it hasn't been replaced) the battery will go. If the tires are original, that will set you back some, but CPO the tread depth has to be at a certain spec or they get replaced. You can always ask about the HPFP and see if it was replaced and if not, have them replace it. I'm not sure that would have been replaced before the car was offered as a CPO.

It sounds like you found a nice find and might be a good deal if it checks out. You don't see too many <4k miles/year cars out there.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0