08-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Since there is no "muffler" to speak of in the case of Meisterschaft, I bet it will be louder than the export version of the Titan. I love the Lightweight sound though, one of the very best sounds out there and I prefer these two sound characteristics you mention over Akra for example. You can't go wrong with either of them. I think you should listen to singled out versions of each and decide which you like more and just go with it without trying to decide which of the two is louder decibel wise, since they will both be loud enough!
I'd love to listen to them beforehand but being in the UK, these exhausts (and 1M's for that matter) are very rare indeed. The chances of hearing either of them on a 1M before buying is very unlikely, so any decision I make will need to be made from either from experience of others on this forum and / or listening to sound clips online.

I also like to do track days of which some have strict dB limits. I think for this reason, the Meisterschaft is probably out (as wonderful as it is!). The Titan from what I've heard online sounds incredible and has a wonderful crackle and burble on the over-run which is ultimately what I'd like from an exhaust. However above all I don't want an exhaust that's going to be boomy and drone when I'm driving sedately on the highway. I made that mistake with my previous car and you couldn't have a conversation in the car at 70mph for all of the noise!

Having said that, the BMW is better insulated than my little Lotus was so even if it's loud on the outside, it's not going to permeate the cabin as much....or I'd imagine this to be the case!
Appreciate 0