03-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #17
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
I've read that the electronic system sends signals before the car is fully running (5-10 seconds) to 'check' the lights.

Seems like those low electric signals are showing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I think (but don't know for sure) that occurs when the car is started up. Not at the door lock / unlock step. Could totally be wrong, good idea either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK135i View Post
Adobeee if he is gonna send you new bulbs get ready to wait for-fucking-ever. I ordered new bulbs January 27th and I still haven't got shit but keep getting replies to my emails saying that the bulbs will get shipped out.... Needless to say I have received nothing. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
It really sucks that Alpine is letting so many of you guys down I have always been a huge fan of the angel eyes and the customer service, but I guess it happens..

If you are looking for new bulbs, check out DDM tuning (http://www.ddmtuning.com/) and look at their HID bulb sets. They are not 100% plug and play with Alpine's kit, but they are very similar. If you are comfortable simply cutting the connectors for both bulbs, and splicing the Alpine connectors onto new DDM bulbs, it works 100%. I did this to get a bluer color bulb than what I bought with my Alpine kit for cheap. It's even better if you can solder them together, but just cutting, twisting the wires together, and packing it up with electrical tape should work fine.

If that doesn't work, it sounds like a ballast problem. As far as I know, the V2 ballasts were riddled with problems, but no V3 ballasts have had issues thus far. These new problems could be the earliest reported batch of V2 problems, but I'm not an expert. If it's the ballasts, then I'm not sure if the DDM ones could be configured to work.
Guys,

I met up with Alex and he's been extremely helpful with fixing my Alpine v3s. Turns out the person that helped me install it a year ago placed the wires and power block very close to the oil tube left of the engine. The flickering occurred because part of the wire and power block melted (thus being partly functional) and eventually gave out. I should have been smarter to notice the issue. He helped replace the wire and installed an additional power block and all was fixed in 10 minutes.

It helps if you guys are local...Alex is extremely busy. I met up with him around 8 at night to help fix. Overall a pleasurable experience..
Appreciate 0