02-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #284
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by emos325 View Post
ok so no m3gts and no 1 gts, who the fcuk is in bmw NA that thinks up these ideas? why not leaglize it(nationalize/federalize it whatever) and offer it not make it just for the us. if it is being made in a plant that makes it for the U.S. and some one wants it how hard is that to switch it over the automated track and add the NA goodies to make it legal. I mean don't get me wrong but who voted for the X5M and X6M those are just wastes of space. do they really have that kind of towing capacity? really a multi-billion dollar company would shit out the X5M and X6M but not a gts model that would probably move more units per capa then the others. idk maybe i am a dumb consumer?
Sorry, but this is true. I do agree with you and I would buy an I6 Diesel BMW for daily drive with all comfort features and a stripped down Petrol BMW for tracking. But look at the post on M3Post M3 GTS vs. 911 GT3 RS (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321764). 80% would take the Porsche 911 over the M3, some arguments where, the 911 GT3 RS has A/C and Navi but the M3 GTS doesen't. The same goes for Cayman vs. M1.
It seams BMW M cars have no more place in the market. Those that want a sporty daily drive car with comfort and power take a Audi RS, and those that want a real uncompromised sportcar take a Porsche. And as both are needed so the two cars in the garage are Audi RS and Porsche. No BMW M, it is between both, neither this nor that.
Appreciate 0