View Single Post
      07-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #27
Tåst
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I would love to see this... this would be exactly the differentiation I am referring to.. all the M3 fans (some will need to become M4 fans lol) can continue to have a GT vehicle that has the vaunted 6 cylinder that NEWER bmw fans think is the end all be all of BMW design. They can continue on in their ignorant bliss, disgusted with the fact that a 6 cyl motor wasnt employed in the 1M and they will wait for the M3/M4.

** Proper Enthusiasts ** will be happy with a 4 cylinder turbo motor that has a ton of useable torque, in a lighter weight vehicle that hopefully will be in a market segment with other enthusiast vehicles like the WRX/STI , Mitsu Evo and VW R32, the Subaru BRZ and the Porsche Cayman. True enthusiasts will look at the specs of the car.. weight.. wheelbase.. headroom.. legroom.. and of course engine stats and hope for a fun car that is just like the 1M.
Yes, only anomaly was S14, E30 chassis not allowed to use huge long M88 engine, even S14 engine mid point come little in front of the axle. Still they planned to go back to inline six, 1993 they tested E36 prototype, whit I6 engine, it never come out because BMW leave DTM.

Last edited by Tåst; 07-07-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Appreciate 0