04-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #35
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Seems like I still have that issue...(I attached my snapshot).
That's the DISA closing for a 4th stage, I asked Bob to bump it up higher and see what happens.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=105

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1206386&page=6

Quote:
Look guys, Ryan isn't a typical forum troll. I know him personally and he (as well as me) has bent over backwards with trying to figure out the best tune with the best gains.
Understood, I'm not actively conspiring to make anyone fail, but if someone didn't actively have their head up their ass in EVERY SINGLE THREAD, maybe they could learn something. Or not, we know he already knows everything.

Quote:

STX Ruleset (which we are HELD to, consists of the following modifications).

Stock ECU
No Manifold Change
CAI/Headers allowed
Custom Exhaust allowed, must use a 100 cell in OE location.
Tune.

With that being said, I am okay with AA results I currently have, I would like more.
Well aware of all of that. But the ruleset allows you to move the cats within 6" of the stock location.

So you plan involved moving to a single exhaust with a 100cell high flow cat, I know because we actually talked about this. MY only suggestion was to place that merger as far back as you could BEFORE the Cat, which spawned a discussion of him talking down to everyone on "well race teams do things this way."

Quote:
I am continuing with getting another tune from AA to incorporate my 3" exhaust build, along with more aggressive throttle mapping (to eliminate this stupid throttle hang), and an aggressive RPM limiter.

You can see in the picture my RPM limiter is currently configured as a soft limiter, you can see how the HP levels out til redline.
I already told you what the issue is, having them bump the redline (to something like 7200rpm) will not change that DISA hump, you have to ask them to move the DISA transition itself. WHY this wasn't done by any tuner in the first place, I don't know. It's something I noticed on all the graphs, not just AA and BPC.

Also, never experienced this throttle hang you're speaking of.

Quote:
I will privately share my results with Ryan, and he will share his with mine. As fellow competitors with the same car, I trust him with my information, and vice versa.
As opposed to people who aren't competing with you, and have the same car? Obviously your choice.

Quote:
And what Ryan says is true, we throw stupid money at our cars to make them the top of the top. Hell, I have close to $700 in 3 exhaust pieces, not including Fab work.
I don't doubt that you have spent a considerable sum of money, and I don't think anyone assumes you're doing it to be slower. I know people who have quadrupled what you have both spent - COMBINED on this car. But throwing money at it, doesn't mean you have the "right answer"

Anyhow, I guess you guys where so worried about defending the money spent and each other, you missed some gems I dropped for you:

Quote:
Does this mean that AA or BPC produce the MOST power all the time? No...
I actually know they don't. I believe (and I'll have a hard time back this up) that AA's off the shelf header tune is essentially a CEL delete and doesn't really include cam timing changes, or removal of things like the Cat overheat protection (as seen on one of your graphs I believe) simply put, it's good off the shelf, but there is definitely room for improvement:

I'm pretty sure this is a comparison between the off the shelf tune (manifold only?) and the dyno tune (from AA)

When I inquired about the actual tune itself, they said they don't stock their dynotune files, so I don't think customers will be getting this one.

And based on the date of the dyno ( and the thread it came from) It predates the AA headers, and might have been the first HEADER tuned car they did in person (vs remotely)

Anyhow, this is what they SAY they offer with the off the shelf tune:

I'm still skeptical, but I've seen a few 240whp+ around the forums now. It's hard to argue with a company that did put down the most power and torque of any tuner thus far.
Appreciate 0