View Single Post
      04-27-2016, 07:17 PM   #44
RyanDavies
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i MSport

The throttle hang is something in the stock and AA tune, fwiw. It's for emissions purposes (lots of unburned hydrocarbons slamming throttle plate shut directly from WOT.

They'll deny it happens, and claim that nobody else has the issue. I could see it being hard to notice on the street, but it is a huge bear (along with the brake pretensioning) on corner entry. It affects the balance of the car significantly, and doesn't allow as much consistent front weight transfer, reducing grip and making it harder to drive. I would happily have traded 10whp to have that singular issue resolved. Ditto for the non-linear throttle. Having logged both tunes throttle position calibration, the AA tune would give over 80% of throttle to the motor with <25% pedal travel. Makes for a "faster" feeling car on tip-in, but much harder to modulate on exit.

The stock rear muffler is a gigantic bottleneck, as is the resonator. Should open up a large bit of power.

FWIW, I did look into the BPC Alpha-N tuning, but there's no way for Kyle or I to do it legally under our current rule set.
Appreciate 0