05-28-2006, 02:31 AM   #23
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by human
Tough call. E46 M3 will always be a near-perfect car. From what I can gather on the new 335, you may want to hold off and drive one of those first. Depending on how much commuting and city driving you do, the 335 could be much more rewarding for the time you spend in it (I'm making assumptions, don't really know your situation). The torque profile alone has me very curious to how it compares with the M3.
I only live 10 minutes from work and bad traffic is non-existent in this state so the time I spend in it will consist of our long I decide to drive around before coming back home. I keep coming back to the 335 in terms of a viable substitute but a couple of things keep pushing me away. 1) I already have a 330i so I won't really be gaining anything new from getting a 335 in terms of styling etc. If I didn't have an E90 already then this would be a different situation. 2) the 335 will be a impressive performer but will not be in the league with this M3. Even with the 300 HP and TQ, it will be close to a 1/2 second slower in the 0-60 (based on what we know for now) and probably close to 3/4 of a second slower in the 1/4 mile. Since I have a E90 sedan that covers the 4-door, great ride, etc part of the stable, this other car can be focused on nothing but performance. In that area between the M and the 335 it's no contest.

I'm doing a sh*tty job of talking myself out of this aren't I?
Appreciate 0