View Single Post
      02-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
Blacksport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

I've got everything hooked up now, the halos are on a separate lighted switch...they're not CCFL's, so they're barely visible in daylight, but look very cool when you flip them on night...since they're very low power, you can leave them on probably for a few hours....

Here's all the good news: these are the best looking lights, IMHO, that I've seen for 1 series cars, period...and a price of $230 is incredible...I sold the stock lights on ebay for more than that...the Hella bulbs really woke these up....the bluish bulbs that came with these are useless, the light is whiter than halogens, but who cares?...there's not enough of it and they don't have that "wide spray" of light that halogens are great at....I put the 100w Hellas in the projectors, the cut-off plates built into these are perfect...you'll know if you have the beam too high, everybody will be flashing you...I put the 55w Hellas in the hi beams and adjusted them just inside and slightly above the projectors (aimed at a wall about 30 feet away)...this set-up is perfect...there's great dispersion from the projectors, especially on the right where the deflector plate rises up, and the hi beams light up the road well past the projectors, great for when you're flying at night...very, very pleased with this set-up, and with the LCI blacklines lit with the LCD bars only, I'm finally happy with the lights on this car...
'13 128i 6sp, '19 Cherokee Ltd 3.2, '17 Ducati SuperSport S Gone But Not Forgotten: 74 Z28, 77 Datsun 280Z (1st 5sp in US), 92 Nissan 300ZTT, 94 MB SL600 V12, 01 M Roadster, 66 Yamaha TwinJet 100, 70 Suzuki X6 Hustler Race: GP/FP Spitfire SCCA, Merlyn FF SCCA, Mazda RX7 IMSA GTU, Yamaha FZR 400 AMA.

Last edited by Blacksport; 02-16-2014 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0