dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-One-Da? View Post
Dealers:

What would your dealership do in this situation.

You have a customer call in on a Sunday saying that their 2008 135i under the BMW Maintenence Program has a Service Engine Soon light. Like I said it is Sunday so Service Department is closed.

Would you be able to have the customer drop off the car and get a loaner? Or can only the service department deal out loaners? Also, are loaners part of the Warranty or do some dealerships not offer loaners?

I am not asking this as if I am expecting it. I was just curious to see what the norm is. I have had issues with this dealership before and I just want to see if they did not go the extra mile for me in particular.

History of this dealership for me:

I ordered a 135i. They told me I had an allocation. I did not have one after waiting 6 weeks with my deposit down. Figured this out and took my business elsewhere. Problem is I have to go to this dealership for service since it is the only one within 150 miles of me.

Thanks for any input,

Brandon:w00t:
If one of my customers called in when service was closed & needed a car, I would get them a loaner if there was one here. If I take the call for someone elses client, I'm not giving a car, unless it is something pretty serious. Since the cars are typically pre-scheduled out to service clients, we can catch some heat for putting out their loaners. I'm not catching heat for some elses clients :biggrin:
Appreciate 0