View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
thl70
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535i GT

2014 1 Series vert?

So I am looking for a new car and after having wagons for the last 25 years I am ready to change into a convertible. The one series look fantastic although a bit dated for the price. Not that I have anything against dated cars, I am currently driving a 2004 Saab 9-5 wagon and still love its dated look! I was just wondering how much longer anyone thinks BMW will continue with the E88 in N America? If they keep this model for another year or three, what might they update in 2014? I have not been a veteran BMW owner for long having only recently acquired a 5GT this year, therefor their timetable for updates is completely foreign to me. I've yet to decide a 28 or 35 variant, but the turbo engine is certainly steering me toward the 28 with all the issues I've been reading about and I tend to keep my cars for a long time. The only thing I find problematic with the 28 is the steptronic (I know MT is better but has to be auto so wife can drive it when I need to use the 5GT to haul extra volume), will there be any chance they will put the dual-clutch next year in the 128? I am in no hurry to get a new car as my wagon is in perfect shape, I just want to get the right car for the next 8 years or so.
Appreciate 0