09-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
SHFT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135roundel View Post
So, let me start by saying my 135 is probably my most favorite car I have ever owned (maybe my 240sx with a sr20det, it was just pure fun to drive). i have however noticed its kinda fugly. I would like to give the car the car a bit of a sleeker look. I feel like the sport stripes would create an optical effect that would shorten the hight and elongate the look of the car. having not seen a 1 with the sport stripes in person can anyone give me some insight as to if this is a correct assumption or not.
I also plan on tinting the windows and giving the roof some black vinyl, and i get that the obvious solution is to put the car on some coilovers but i live in RI and if youve been here you know we have the worst roads in the country and half the year is snow covered, so coilovers are not really of intrest to me
thanks for any insight
I think our 1ers looks pretty amazing if you ask me(esp the 135i ). I guess its an aquired taste but my 1 grows on me more and more daily. I think in stock form adding some wheel spacers really gave the car a more of a boss look. I went with 5mm front and 10mm back but if would do it again I would go with 10mm all around.