10-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptempo80 View Post
Hey guys I've tossed around the ideas...now I'm seeking advice on exterior and interior combos. I'm referring to ordering a E88 (convertible). If ordring one....how would you do yours up in Blue Water, LeMans Blue , Vermilion Red and Deep Sea Blue? Looking for insight on how others would build a new 1er
How would you build yours with these specific exterior colors?
I like the Terra Cotta interior for the dark blues. For the red, I like a white or beige, and for the light blue I like a clean white or black. Terra Cotta is a bit to red to go with red.

Unless the match is perfect (and even then cuz colrs fade) I avoid the red/red and white/white combos. Lighter interiors tend to look dingy in a well-maintained white car. Blacks tend to look washed out in a black car, and with reds and blues a hue difference can be a visual dealbreaker.

I think contrast is important (light car/dark interior or vice versa) as is resale value if you decide to go for the superman look (blue car, red interior) but those are my preferences. Be interested to see what you end up with. I have Montego Blue with Savannah Beige, which I think is a bit light for the blue exterior.

My favorite combination of all is the deep water blue with Terra Cotta interior. To me, warm, inviting, luxury with strong colors. Lemon (white) would look nice too, but too formal for me.