View Single Post
      04-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #55
DarrenJ
Private
Rep
Drives: AW E92

from my understanding bmw and dinan never has "ties" to one another. They had a verbal understanding after a law suit of dinan suing bmw over voiding warranty claims. They came to an agreement bmw would take care of items not caused by dinan products and if the failure was a result of a dinan product, dinan would take care of it. Either way the "customer had no bill. On top of it all this all changes dealer to dealer. For example my 07 c6 which is highly modified with a supercharger, methanol, full exhaust and fuel system upgrades, my dealer has never turned me down for a warranty claim on the car, but they are a dealer who deals with lots of this type stuff and lots of corvettes. Will they replace my blower if it fails or causes failure? No of course not and I dont expect them to. Personally If your going to use dinan products and still use a dealer for service. Make sure that dealer is a Dinan approved dealer. You should have no problems then on warranty items. But to some it up BMW and DINAN have NEVER been "Partners" I dont know where you have come up with this??
Appreciate 0