02-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #28
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
Even though some/all of the critisism may be premature, doesn't mean it can't be helpful. We know 100% for sure BMW looks at these forums and if this "market" is unimpressed with 20-25 horses for X number of dollars they may adjust the price or output accordingly.

If they don't, they obviously will make fewer sales, let the market vote first with their words and then with their wallets. It might be ugly, but this is free enterprise at it's best right here.

And I agree, I don't know if I would even bother with 25hp unless it was only $200 bucks. After all it will only be a flash and the economies of scale with software is HUGE. As some have said the R&D is already basically done with other applications already in place.
They might actually offer it for reasonable price because it would be pure profit and very little warranty liability.

Some of you guys forget bmw engineers don't have the last say in what comes to market. BMW refuses to offer lsd's for any non-M car (not even as an option) to protect the value of M cars. They'll most likely limit hp of 135i software for similar non-engineering reason.