View Single Post
      03-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #51
white911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I - white/coral red - sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallbodybimmer View Post
That would be me. I saw your 135 only once before. You guys must not take it out too often, but of course looks like you have other cars to use. Mine is my DD.

I plan on attending the bmwcca autocross at summit point this weekend anyone else gonna make it?
I take it out all the time -- 12,500+ miles -- Friday afternoon I headed out to Summit Point to switch wheels on the 911. I ventured over to the FATT to take care of some business and saw that there were two 135s on the track. One owner came over to chat on his way out and we did not get chance to chat, my fault, trying to tie up loose ends before everyone got away.

Normally the 83 is reserved for the track but the C2, 135I, and the Audi have been used for the track (rated in number of days). Sally drives the Audi (Black) or the C2 (Blue) around the park all the time. Since one set of wheels and tires for the 911 fit in the 135, it is backup to the truck for some events. Hence the reason for the 135I at the track on Friday, 28mpg vs 16mpg, and more fun to drive.

Appreciate 0