05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
I guess I haven't really researched where to get a DISA manifold and how much they would cost to buy, plus I don't feel comfortable installing one myself. I guess if I could find a local shop to install one for a decent price and I could get one brand new, I would consider pulling the trigger.

I figured with a tune (with the Evolve or AA tool) and intake I could do the installation myself.
You should be able to source one for ~$300 or less on Car-part.com or the like. Make sure to get pictures and make sure it has the DISA valves. Andrey and I will be more than happy to help if you want to compare notes. Aside from that you just need new OE gaskets and new bolts for mounting it to the block, which should run you another ~$30-$50 if I remember correctly?

The install is really easy. I have a light DIY up in this section. Even taking photos and documenting for the forum it only took a couple hours.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Any good N51 tuners to harness the DISA?
Evolve is looking for some one to get on the dyno with them for remote tuning. Check their thread.