View Single Post
      10-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Forge Diverter Valves

Anyone uses them on his/her 1M? What are the impressions? Worth installing for stock cars too or just another safety mod for cars with a tune/runing higher boosts?

I have been reading quite a few comments and reviews from other N54 equipped cars' owners in internet but this never seemed to be a popular subject here in our 1M forum. Seems like charge pipe issue is well documented but not many people are upgrading their diverter valves to Forge kit unlike 135/335 guys, among them it seems to be quite a popular mod. Do we have a different diverter valve than regular N54 engines that I am not aware of or people who do upgrade go other ways?

I am waiting for my ER charge pipe now, I will feel safer after installing it and also expecting better throttle response, at the same time I was thinking if I should order the Forge kit as well...for even better response basically.

About my car; pretty much stock-ish with N55 mids, Evolve Race rear exhaust, ER charge pipe and CDV delete, those will be my technical mods essentially, I can add Michelin PSS set also among them. Anything I am not going to be uber happy with, I go back to stock without blinking an eye. CDV delete is a candidate, will see that one. I will have the afe pro dry s drop-in filter too which seems to be a relatively conservative option (good dust holding and easier to clean and maintain, no likely harm to stock intake, just a bit better flow) but will just experiment it on and off comparing with stock filter before letting it stay long time. That's all I plan to do about the car, other than enjoying it more and more hopefully, I apply light and regular aesthetical mods but keep all stock parts as well. No tunes, down pipes, FMIC, intake, meth, chassis mods or other stuff for me.

So, can Forge DVs be my likely last tech mod and any specific reason why we don't hear about it in this Forum?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 10-30-2012 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0