05-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #321
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
As long as what ever you use has a "BMW Long Life-1" or "LL-1" rating you will be fine.

I really prefer Castrol oil. BMW does too. I really did not buy into this Castrol stuff in the beginning. At first I was using Mobil-1 LL-1 0w40 oil. Then I decided to "try" German Castol RS Edge LL-1 0w40. I noticed two things at first... 1), with the Castrol my engine was MUCH quieter on cold starts. Much less metallic tapping. Also the engine seemed to warm up faster AND the oil temp gauge would read about two needle widths cooler than with the Mobil-1.

I was sold on using Castrol oil since then. The Castrol oil really seems to work better in our cars. Just my two cents worth.
On mine they did : EDGE PROF.BMW LL04 0W-30

Running for 2 years now on this one and no problems, must be not that bad
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0