View Single Post
      06-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I took Performance Center Delivery (PCD) on my 128i vert in 2009. My car was in the lobby so the other owners walked by. One older guy who was getting a X5 walked by and said "that would almost fit in the back of mine". I just ignored it. He and his wife were holding us up up a lot on the mini-autocross too. But they weren't really that obnoxious. They were obviously buying a BMW for status, not to drive it.

Normally the right thing to do when somebody says something stupid is to smile and move on. If they really want to know why I picked a one, I mention that I initially thought of a two seater but decided I needed at least a small back seat (so my two adult kids can ride with me occasionally). The 3 series is not very sporty IMHO, the 1 series is. I never seriously considered a 3. I did look at a Miata and I thought about a Mustang (I've had them as rentals). I did not want a family sedan.

Jim