05-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #26
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Did you use Pirelli P Zero Corsa system in the past? I know you didn't on your 1M but on another car or a friend whose car is familiar to you?

Since these Corsas are among the well known street/track combo tires and they are the factory equipment for the E92 M3 GTS (also for Moto GP Safety Car 1M if I remember correctly) which shares the same wheels with us (just in black) I am also considering a GTS size 255/35 19 fr (Directional) and 285/30 19 re (Assym.) set as my next set so that we can benefit from the stock wheels in an ideal manner. I am undecided between the Corsas, or yet another PSS set in stock sizes or a PSS set with 275/30fr and 295/30re. I understand that new Dunlops are not really entitled as "one set for all", I heard the opposite for Corsa system that they are quite qood for street and highway too as long as you don't have too much of a rain or cold weather. Also, another good tire is Bridgestone RE-11s but while they come at our stock sizes they don't in 285/30 rears.
I have not run Pirelli Corsas or Trofeo Rs, but have some thoughts on them based on other tests. I have run RE-11s on another car.

I agree the Corsas sound a little more streetable than the Dunlops, probably better down to cooler temps. The downside is they are probably a little little slower at the track. The Maxx Race are supposed to be in the same ballpark as the Trofeo R, and that tire is significantly quicker than the Corsa from all reports.

The RE-11s are great in the wet and very usable in cooler temps. Also the stiffer sidewall should make them work better with the stock 1M alignment. Again I think they should be much more streetable than the Maxx Race but a little slower on the track (assuming alignment cures the issues I was having).

I got camber plates and dialed in -2.6 degrees up front. I may have a chance to try the car at an event Saturday, if so I'll report back.