01-31-2015, 06:57 PM   #59
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoms View Post
Well thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts on this.

For the ones who asked, I will be moving to The Woodlands.

It really surprised me that most of you guys would take the Cayman GTS, I don't know why but right now I am not in love with porsche (except for the 991 GT3). Maybe it is because as I mentioned before, I had a 996 C2 and my father used to have a Cayman S, so I feel I want something completely different than what I have had before.

There is something I have been thinking lately, and it is that as I will be working from home, most of the time that I am out I will be with my wife and my 2 year old daughter, so I am thinking that if I don't have back seats, I will not be able to use my car as much as I would like to and it will become a weekend car, and my wife's F15 X5 will be our car to go pick up our girl from kindergarden, taking her to the movies, etc.

Spending time with my daughter is far more important to me right now, and if I want to spend time with her AND get to drive and enjoy a car everyday, I might have to get something with back seats.

So right now i am thinking of either:
- GT-R
- M4
- Macan Turbo

If everything goes well the next few months, I might be able to add a 3rd car to the household, and then I will have the same "problem" all over again.

Thank you all again for your input.
I have own the R35 for little over 4yrs, it is practical car, however, its because of the 1M that made me trade it in for a 991 50th Anniv with a 7sp manual. Now with that out of the way, that Macan Turbo is a hoot, M4, and lastly M2 in that order if you can wait.
Appreciate 1