View Single Post
      09-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #11
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I agree with you completely about Enilab. I remember hearing things from him back on the bimmerfest site and they always seemed to me to be something resembling gorilla marketing of some type. Very innovative indeed.

With regards to the 2, I cannot wait until the day. Hopefully that day comes sooner, not later :iono:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside
"And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers." (Plato, Republic, 380BC )

I frequently quote EniLab here on the site...mostly because I think he has access to “inside” information from BMW.
That’s the reason I used his quote (and your questions) in this thread and the appearance of those quotes was merely a coincidence of timing
rather than any implied disrespect towards you or your comments.

But speaking of the veracity of EniLab we only have to wait to see if the cabrio appears before the coupe.
That logic goes against my own sense of the way new models are introduced...hardtop first followed by roadster/cabrio configuration.

There’s other reasons I think EniLab’s observations are timely:
I’ve often wondered who is feeding EniLab with info and what are the motives?
Does he pass along dis-information that is deliberately designed to solidify decisions going on inside BMW?
These forums are the perfect formats for anyone who wants to monitor them and glean virtually free information
as to preferences and expectations; basically a world-wide focus group that weighs in
with their opinions on a very specific subject that the group is knowledgeable about and willing to express their thoughts.

The other thing that EniLab does is relieve the pressure some
(perhaps even on this site) who have real information decline to reveal for various reasons...it really doesn’t matter.
EniLab lifts a burden and advances the ongoing dialogue.

When the “2” finally sees the light of day the forum will evolve into
conversations about options, about the kind of everyday chatter most of us like to do when talking about our cars.
Right now, before we even have a bonafide image of the car is probably the sweetest time in the evolution of the site- from speculation to reality.
And the people who’ve contributed to the present dialogue are the real hardcore folks who’ll carry the thing forward.
Appreciate 0