Drives: something slowwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
Looks awesome
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
I like it but i would prefer it if they did the blue band in VO
I think the orange that many have done on the forums don't really look that good in my opinion due to just too much orange in my opinion. Granted, the blue doesn't match the interior but gives a kind of freshness/brightness to the interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
I can only assume your closed the boot after disconnecting the battery

Looking very good mate, nice addition.....
Yes I did. Had to jump the car to open the trunk.

Thanks for the comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
awesome thats exactly how i got mine !
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
These are the ones that run just over 6 beans if i recall correct?
Depends on if you want the alcantara trim or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews View Post
+1 on that.

Also, one of my friends has an alacantra steering wheel in his '04 330i and it doesn't wear well. It's pretty ratty looking. Have they modified the alacantra recently to make it wear more gracefully?

I think my ideal steering wheel is this size and shape, with the VO stripe, and in leather like the stock steering wheel.
Not sure on if they made any changes to the alcantara but you can always wear a glove if you like to reduce the wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
When money is no object you can go right ahead and have IND dye the middle VO for you......

As for me I will be perfectly happy with Roundel blue
Definitely you can have the middle in VO. If you were to dye it, you would end up dying the stitching underneath the stripe. I looked into that as an option in the past. Another suggestion that was made was to just wrap that stripe.

I have been told that if they had to take the whole thing apart to restitch and change out the whole stripe it would be a pain since the alcantara is glued to the actual steering wheel so removal would be really tough and to put it back together, it may not be as tight as factory. Not sure how true this is but didn't want to take the risk, maybe another forum member who has done this can chime in.
Appreciate 0