View Single Post
      09-14-2022, 03:30 PM   #30
dmytro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i coupe

Definitely planning on doing some sort of lightweight battery, just waiting for either the one in the one series to crap out or for the one in my x5 to crap out so I'm not wasting a good battery. I haven't looked much into the battery tray delete, but that sounds pretty simple. Do you know how much weight that would save? I also remember someone talking about relocating a lightweight battery into the engine bay since then you could remove the heavy power wires from the rear to the front of the car but wiring sounds scary. Wiring in general would be a good way to save some weight since at this point I'm probably not even using half of the wiring, but again wiring is spooky.

The only other weight reduction I really have planned is carbon or fiberglass hood and trunk along with cowl filter delete. Also a lightweight flywheel but that would mostly be to make the engine more responsive on downshifts since I didn't realize I would like it until I bought my 350z that has one and being able to just breathe on the throttle is nice. I plan on still keeping the car somewhat streetable, so I want to keep creature comforts like heat/ac, speakers, door cards, and center armrest, and a little bit of carpet for front seat footwells

Last edited by dmytro98; 09-14-2022 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0