Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Sounds cool! How hard would install be by yourself? I hate getting charged for installs at the dealer...
I've updated the original post to include the installation instructions in .pdf format. I don't think installation would be terribly difficult, particularly if you have any experience with car audio. The fact that it is plug-and-play makes it pretty simple - also not needing to access the rear of the head unit is a big plus. You need to pull the door cards, the edge of the carpet, the rear seat needs to come all the way out, and you need to pull the trunk liner.

The clincher, though, is the programming. You obviously cannot do that by yourself. You could try to do the install and then take it to the dealer just for coding, but for what they charged me for everything (less than 3 hours), I don't think it would have been worth the trouble to DIY. The programming took at least three hours on it's own - I would think if that's all they were doing, they might charge you their hourly rate the whole time, but who knows?

Quote:
And the Alpine speakers that you purchased separately are purely looks?
Huh?
Appreciate 0