03-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #40
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post
I am not surprised the residuals are low. Someone at BMW thought about the resale value of these cars:

- All of them will be 6MT in a country where the take rate on manuals is very low.
- Based on our own polling data, roughly 1/3 of the cars produced will have orange paint.
- Due to the all-or-nothing optioning brain fart, a number of the cars will be strippers.

So outside of the enthusiasts here (many of which will find a way to buy this car new), how many consumers in the market for a CPO BMW will buy the small, orange, manual car with no options on the dealer's lot? They are playing it safe knowing that the CPO customer may very well choose the 135i w/ DCT and a desirable paint color over the pumpkin.

If anything, this speaks to BMW's own doubt in their self-proclaimed and preconceived "collector car" status of the 1M.

That being said, I'm still getting one (just need to decide between VO and AW and wait for my lowly dealer to get an allocation).
Incredibly well said...

My 4 year finance quote from BMWFS in the UK has the guaranteed future value at 36%.

Last edited by Schnorbitz; 03-06-2011 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0