View Single Post
      02-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #110
Ginger_Extract
California-bound
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I have not had the chance to really enjoy the 135i, yet. My first two weeks of ownership have been plagued with bad snowstorms, and not like the "yay, let's go snow drifting" kind, although that has not stopped me. The car is still on the OE runflats, so getting around in the snow has been hilariously awful, just bounce the throttle a teeny bit and the car will rotate right around any snow-covered corner with ease.

It seems the best car I have ever owned was my 2008 Mazda3 2.3L 5MT hatchback. Sure, it was no Mazdaspeed3, but with <$400 in bolt-ons, it went 15.1@95mph, so it was quick enough to give some sportier cars a scare through the first three gears. I learned to modify and race cars with it, and it handled abuse with zero issues. For example, did a blistering 115*F and sunny track day @ Streets of Willow, stock cooling system, plain jane 5-20 oil, and it took it like a champ and allowed me to lay down lap times that were consistent between 1/10ths of a second all day. Sure, after nearly 5 years and 80,000 miles, it had tons of squeaks, vibrations, and rattles, but it got 32+mpg all day (Have done as well as 38.8mpg for several trips), and was reliable as hell.

For the time being, I'm still second-guessing getting rid of it for the 1'er. I'm hoping once the weather clears up in a month or two, I can actually drive it a bit. Hopefully this car does not turn out to be an expensive mistake.
Appreciate 0