ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
This is all I have found as a comparison between the 1M & M135i

Aussie, I think that there is a confusion about the data that you posted; those German Sport Auto test figures were achieved with a 8 speed auto M135i which was also equipped with adaptive dampers, rwd version. However, on the left side of picture where we have the specs it says 6speed manual, that is wrong. The manual M135i would be slower; according to BMW 0.2 seconds to 100 km/h vs. the auto.

I think A45 AMG would definitely be faster on a straight, a la RS3/TT RS also with awd and launch control, maybe around 0.2 secs, but not till the top speed mark, probably somewhere between 120-160 km/h 1M would catch it. Other than that I can't imagine any other performance area that A45 AMG would have the upper hand over it, in terms of in-gear flexibility, braking from high speed, track times etc. This doesn't exclude the fact that it would still be the car easier to drive quicker on almost all real world roads for most drivers. Final account: none of this would matter since its fundamentals are no match to the level of fun 1M generates due to its fundamentals.

It has cool seats though

And Dee Pee, great post indeed! Fan of House M.D.?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 07-24-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0