View Single Post
      05-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #109
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs135is View Post
What tire fitment is this car? I have full e93 m3 suspension and my alignment specs are 1.7 front and 2.4 rear.. I'm sure that its 275 and 255. I just wanted to confirm that they would fit. My fenders are rolled and pulled for extra clearance. I've been to your store in Livermore, so I'm looking forward to picking up a set this summer.

G
This car is on 18x8.5" ET45 and 18x9.5" ET62 ARC-8's with 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 Toyo R888 tires. This car has coilovers with camber plates. To fit a 255/35/18 extreme performance or R compound tire in the front, you would need negative camber set to at least -2 degrees. A thin 3-5mm spacer would be needed to clear the strut tube depending on the tire, and trimming of the bumper to fender tab would be needed as well. The fronts would need coilovers that utilizes a linear race spring that is short enough to keep the spring perch above the wheel and tire. If the spring and spring perch do not stay above the tire, then it is not possible to fit a 255/35/18 tire on the 1 series. If the spring and perch are so long that they sit next to the tire, a huge spacer would be needed to clear which would result in the wheel/tire sticking out of the fender even with maximum negative camber dialed in. If you were planning on running 275/35/18 rear extreme performance or R compound tires with our 18x9.5" ET62 then the tire will likely contact the rear sub frame. This sub frame rub is only when the suspension is drooping (lifted in the air for service). The tires do not touch the sub frame when driving, but because there is contact, we do not recommend 275 tires usually, as this can be a problem if you ever catch any air for any reason. The ideal setup for no issues is 265/35/18 in the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydesmo View Post
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=361906002

are these wheels hyper silver?

Just want to make sure, just bent a front wheel on a pothole and need a new one!
Those wheels are indeed the Hyper Silver finish.