View Single Post
      09-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Help! 135i stuttered and got reduced power

Hi,

This morning I was driving to work a little spiritedly (as I usually do) on a twisty mountain road. I was doing a sharp left turn followed immediately by another right turn and when I pressed down on the gas pedal in third gear suddenly the engine stuttered really badly like 3 times and the whole car shook. After this I got reduced power and the car sounded like a 4 cylinder engine. My gas tank was only at 1/4. I have never experienced this since I bought this car used around a year ago. I usually refill the tank when I’m this low and I don’t let it go lower but today I forgot to fill up. The car is a 2008 E82 135i N54 with 42000 km (26000 miles) and is completely stock no tunes or mods. There were no errors on the dash, but finally I was able to arrive at my office. Without turning off the engine I took out my wifi adapter and connected BMW Carly App and got the following fault codes (attached image):

002DC3
002E8D
0029DC
002AAF

After clearing the errors in the app with the engine running immediately the engine went back to normal without even restarting the engine. Then I removed the adapter and turned off the car and on again and everything seemed fine. I still haven’t tested the car again under full throttle on the street.

Is my fuel pump going bad? Something else you can tell me from the errors? I have not noticed anything strange when starting the car, I have read that’s usually a sign of the fuel pump going bad. I live in South America and the gas quality is bad (supposedly between 90-92 octane) maybe this is related.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Attached Images

Last edited by pablom2c; 09-22-2016 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0