Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
I have pre-LCI adaptive xenon headlamps on my car and want to fit the newer LCI adaptive xenon headlamps. I know I need to "jump" a wire to get the LED brows to light up - I've seen reference to two different part numbers, but I'm confused as to what exactly I need to do this conversion. Is there anyone who has done this that would care to share some details with me? Thanks.

It's really easy. Tap the wire that powers your angel eyes...

You will need:

-X-Acto Knife (box cutter)
-Solder
-soldering pen
-3M/Scotch Electrical tape (3m is just the best stuff out there in my experience. Cheaper tape will lose tack when going through expansion and contraction due to hot/cold. Think how warm that engine compartment gets... I've got about 8 or so years working on vehicle electrical systems as a professional so I do know from experience)
-Diagonal Cutters
-Wire strippers
-small screw driver or pick

1. Remove bumper, old headlights (reference the thread "Lets install Euro headlights" http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219345), cut back existing electrical tape VERY carefully to expose about 3" of wire. Remove the cover on the rear of the harness.

Then... Remove the blue 'plug' in Pin 7 with your pick

2. Pin in the new pin into Pin 7

3. Tap the wire powering AE's (Pin 1). Use the box cutter to carefully cut the sheath off the wire. Slice it along the wire diagonally like you would peel an apple skin off with a knife. Work your way around carefully. Use the diagonal cutters to cut the new eyebrow wire to length, then use the wire strippers to strip about 1/2" off. Twist the end in your fingers to get a nice braid then wrap it around the AE wire.

4. Solder. Use soldering pen + solder. Youtube is your friend if you don't know how...

5. Tape the connection with electrical tape.

6. Tape the bundle of wire back together. Make sure all tape is taped on TIGHTLY. Otherwise it will tend to come off over time. If you are anal a zip tie around the bundle of wire where your electrical tape ended will prevent it from ever coming off.

7. Install new AE and Adaptive headlight ballasts

8. Test

Last edited by 6MT_Addict; 08-04-2017 at 09:30 PM..
Appreciate 4
Zombie1172.00