Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Finally ordered these headlamps, but got the Euro version. Just to verify - that last pic is of the Lux LED's? It looks really good. Normally I'm sort of anti-tampering-with-AE's, might I think it might be worth it to get the brows and AE's to match. Plus it might be a really good time to install them, while the new lamp assemblies are out of the car anyway.

My only concern is getting an AHL failure. How long have you been running your LEDs? No issues at all?
Nice! Love the amber-free lights haha.

Yes sir, those are LUX V5 @ 5000K. Match very well thanks!

I had V4's previously and got AHL errors. After getting frustrated I ditched them, but after talking to LUX earlier this year I ordered some V5's. With my car in storage I had time to analyse the new housings while they were out of the car. In doing so and comparing the positioning of the ballast vs headlight components, I came up with a very very easy way to modify the headlight cover to prevent these AHL errors from occurring. Currently zero errors since installing with this method, and it's been three months or so I think now with many many car washes both by hand and wand.

While swapping over the control units and such, I used some Amsoil silicone spray to lube up the seals again to help get some moisture back in. Seemed to work well.

See my thread here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1086352

And DIY, don't mind the cliché intro and uber serious 'hello' hahaha. (also this is wayyy easier with the headlights removed ):

Last edited by 6MT_Addict; 07-31-2015 at 12:01 AM..
Appreciate 0