mahlerbeatdown
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahlerbeatdown View Post
Working 100%, but probably not the best setup. I just pulled the copper through the harness, through the hole, and just held it while i plugged in the connector. It makes contact and works fine, and the clipped in harness connector keeps it snug. It was my only option until I can find the proper jumper plug, but i'm sure it'll be fine for as long as i leave it. I wish i had a photo to explain better
So a little bit of stripped copper wire is sticking out the end of the connector, and is actually held in place between the male and female ends of the connector when they're plugged in? Might try that. Not an elegant solution, but I just can't seem to figure out the proper size wire to use...

Also (and this is for anyone reading), you know that plastic cap that covers the inside of the connector? The one you have to remove to install the jump cable? One of mine is missing. Any idea of a part number, or if this can even be ordered separately? I wonder how critical this is. Makes me a little nervous about washing the car...although there's no telling how long it's been gone. Weird, though, because it seems pretty snug on the other side and I don't now how it could've just fallen off. My headlights had never been messed with before, either (that I know of).
Bingo! Exactly how I did it. Works 100% fine and is snug. If I ever find the proper jumper i'll swap, but too much work involved to take it apart otherwise.
Appreciate 0