View Single Post
      12-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #58
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
It's called boost decay, and it is a safetey feature. Obviously, your tune doesn't have this? I feel comfortable knowing that my tune "turns itself down" when it should. I have used this tune many times around Nurburgring, the greatest test of any car mod, and it performed great. We want a decent tune that makes good power for a great price. We also want dealer invisibility, ease of installation, and great customer support. We all get that with these tunes, thats why they are the top sellers. We have chosen our tune for now, you wont change that. But you guys clearly just stated that there is no use for this exhaust with the more popular tunes. I think that is very truthful until you prove otherwise and should market it that way.
What causes boost decay? Do you know? Why can you run a stock car over and over and over and over with no issues? This is not to say that the JB and other piggybacks dont make power. IMHO, its just not the "right way" to do it. It sells more than anything else because of its low cost. Making a device to alter signals going to the DME is far less costly than going into the DME, figuring our the codes and working out the maps. There are only a few people/companies in the world that can do that. The exhaust will make power whether the car has stock tune, jb, procede, etc. The question we are trying to figure out now is how much power it will make on a stock car. The reason I dont want to test it on a piggyback car is because the power is too inconsistent. The way I test the cars on the dyno for parts is that I run the cars a LOT. How do you know a loss or gain in power is due to heat soak or cool down? How do you know if your 5hp gain isnt because you let the car cool 5 minutes? You have to run the cars several times until it stops gaining or stops losing power. In the case of the piggybacks, it simply wont happen because the cars go into limp mode after a few back to back runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
i don't understand why it has to be the 4-5-15th dyno pull... put their car on, whats it got? put a jb/proc on, what does it have? and everyone can see...

my .02 is that the dyno is so inflated, that they purposely let off the gas slowly because following through with the pull would show a 600hp pull, or something along those lines..

(ill go back to my forum now, )
Please see above.

Ive already stated (Im going to put this in bold because some of you keep asking/talking about the same thing I have already addressed.):

1. We are looking for a STOCK car to test this on. If you have a STOCk car, call us for a free dyno test. Dont call and say, I have a stock car but I have this intake or this piggyback, etc.

2. Dyno: The above way is how we test products. Is it realistic? Some say yes and some say now, but whatever the opinion is, I rather underate the power than overate it the way many people do. If anyone wants to see my car run 20 straight times, stop talking or typing and come over. Its been over 3 weeks since I have called some of you out but no one has shown up. Im getting ready to take the prototype off and build the jigs so time is an issue.

Dont ask about the piggybacks again. No one says they dont make power. Its just not consistent enough for me to run tests on products with.
Appreciate 0