pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Everyone could use more instruction you know. Pro drivers have coaches for instruction. It appears from your videos that you aren't learning anything or pushing yourself or trying anything new. You're coasting into brake zones, over slowing for corners, not even near the limit. If you were going fast your tires would be shrieking through every turn. You've fallen into a rhythm that is well within your comfort zone and it is easy to stay there without a voice telling you to go for it.
agree with everything you said here. I am sorry your original post sounded like you were being smart ass but otherwise I agree with everything you said above. I think the problem is how you come across sometimes. but yes I actually attempted to hire a pro once when it was offered but my luck he was a no show. my only frame of reference to do better is to compare my times to a local pro that took my car around the same track while I got data from his lap. I then compare my lap data with his and I can clearly can see where he is faster. of course why he is faster is because he has thousands of laps experience on this track. however despite all that, he was only 1.2 sec faster than me. I definitely can live with that! I also had a nice spin around one of those corners once and that has spooked me a little. after all, don't want to wreck my ride plus this track is notorious for no run offs. I see cars getting wrecked there every time I go there. last weekend a car rolled over.

now to address a few things you brought up, yes it appears that I am coasting through some turns but despite that my times are still pretty fast but I failed to beat my best time by .5 sec where I was 1.2 sec slower than the pro driving my car. so if you take that into consideration I was still fast but definitely not as fast as I wanted to be or I know I can be. plus I already explained in my OP my car was misfiring so performance was down and in some hard braking zones my car felt a bit unstable plus pedal feel with my pagid pads felt less than ideal. so like you said sometimes over braked. now as far as not hearing tire squeal, you can clearly hear tire squeal in one video more than the other and the reason for that is because I used two audio sources for one video where I was picking up cabin sound and that recorded tire squeals. trust me my front tires are melted. I don't think they would be like that if I was like a granny riding them. next year on top of my list is getting a pro instructor.