View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

while returning home from the racetrack the day before the storm with 1/8 tank, i found fuel lines were too long everywhere along the drive home, so i garaged the car and planned to make my gas last. well days passed and no power, so i decided to use what little gas was left in the tank to try to make it to a friend's house who had power. after numerous road blocks, thinking i had to turn around before getting caught out with no gas, and a (pre-approved) jaunt across someone's lawn to get around a fallen tree, i did manage to make it to his house on fumes.

i had to stay there for 4 days til i was able to borrow one of his cars, drive to a gas station 20 mins away in the middle of the night, and fill up a 5-gal can with 93. those 5 gallons got me home, and got me to work all last week, thanks to my 9-mile round trip commute. can't say i'm enjoying hypermiling my car though! with any luck, i think we should be returning to a normal gas situation by now, so i'm optimistic about my next fill.
Appreciate 0