View Single Post
      09-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

I have used two child seats (junior type for kids older than 1 year old) at a time in my 1M which was totally OK in terms of space left for the kids etc. And there was still ample space for both driver and front passenger. But access in and out is another issue. In case of fixed child seats you just take the kid out which is not that difficult, if he/she can walk/jump even easier. But in your case, you will likely need to take the baby out together with the rear facing seat (sometimes the baby will be sleeping too which is an additional difficulty) and those seats are so bulky that it will be real difficult imo. It is not the space in the rear, it is the fact that a two door car by definition will give you head (and more likely back) aches unless you are a Yoga master In the case of 1M you just don't have that large opening to get in and out of the rear seats, even if you put the front seats forward max. position. So yes it is not impossible but no, 1M can't play a SUV in this particular case, at least not comfortably.

That is why I also have a Skoda Yeti.

And most important thing: congratulations about the baby.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0